메뉴 건너뛰기

주일예배 Sunday Service

Let's not become miserable because of money!

(Psalm 49:13-20)

1. Seeking Conflict / What is the fate of the foolish?

1) The shepherd of the foolish is (death).

Psalm 49 introduces the story of the foolish. The foolish have 'death' as their shepherd, leading them to Sheol, making Sheol their dwelling place.

(Psalm 49:13-14) This is the way of those who are foolish, and of their followers who approve their sayings. (Selah) Like sheep they are destined for the grave, and death will feed on them. The upright will rule over them in the morning; their forms will decay in the grave, far from their princely mansions.

This is the fate of those who trust in themselves and of their followers who approve their sayings. Selah. Like sheep, they are destined for the grave, and death will feed on them. The upright will rule over them in the morning; their forms will decay in the grave, far from their princely mansions.

2) The foolish are those who trust in (themselves).

Who exactly are the foolish speaking about?

According to the NIV Bible, it introduces them as 'those who trust in themselves.' Although the Psalmist doesn't explicitly state it, those who live relying on themselves rather than God are the ones receiving the guidance of 'death,' ultimately becoming inhabitants of Sheol.

(Psalm 49:13) "This is the fate of those who trust in themselves."

3) What does it mean to live relying on (oneself)?

Looking at Psalm 49:13, it says, 'This is' the way of the foolish. Knowing what 'this is' can help us understand what it means to rely on oneself.

a) Trusting in (wealth) and boasting in (abundance).

(Psalm 49:6) those who trust in their wealth and boast of their great riches?

b) Not realizing that their wealth cannot be a (value) or (ransom) sufficient to redeem their brother.

(Psalm 49:7-8) No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him. The ransom for a life is costly; no payment is ever enough.

c) Not knowing that they are mortal, leaving their wealth behind, thinking that their houses will (endure) forever, and that their dwellings will (last) from generation to generation.

(Psalm 49:9-11) He will continue to live and not see decay. But a man who has riches without understanding is like the beasts that perish.

d) Not realizing that, despite being noble, they are like perishable (beasts), doomed to destruction.

(Psalm 49:12) But man, despite his riches, does not endure; he is like the beasts that perish.

e) The foolish are those who, even if they are rich, lack (understanding). Therefore, they are like perishable beings.

(Psalm 49:20) A man who has riches without understanding is like the beasts that perish.

No matter how rich they are, without 'UNDERSTANDING,' they are like perishable beasts, eventually destined to die.

Connecting Psalm 49:13 and 20, we can understand that foolish people, lacking 'understanding,' ultimately live relying on themselves!! They become beings who rely on wealth, boast of abundance, and end up dying themselves and causing their brothers to die.

2. Conflict Analysis / What is the nature of human beings?

Do we really trust ourselves and live as beings worthy of trust?

Do we truly rely on wealth, boast of abundance, and live as beings worthy of life?

No! Absolutely not!

1) Humans are lighter than a (breath), and life is a (deception).

(Psalm 62:9) Lowborn men are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie; if weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath.

2) Humans are filled with (evil) and harbor a (mad) heart.

(Ecclesiastes 9:3) This is the evil in everything that happens under the sun: The same destiny overtakes all. The hearts of men, moreover, are full of evil, and there is madness in their hearts while they live, and afterward, they join the dead.

3) Humans (lose heart) and (worry).

(Psalm 42:5) Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and

4) Humans cannot live without (God).

(John 15:5) "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

3. Key Points / What are Wise People Like?

1) Those who are (accepted) by God, beings who are (redeemed). Beings taken to God Himself.

(Psalm 49:15) But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me to himself. Selah

2) How should beings accepted by God live?

They should not become (humble) because of money.

(Psalm 49:16) Do not be overawed when a man grows rich, when the splendor of his house increases;

According to the translation of 'Hyundaein's Bible,' they should be beings who do not (lose heart).

According to the 'New Translation,' they should be beings who do not (become humble).

4. Presentation of the Gospel / Who is Jesus?

Jesus is the one who can (redeem) and be the (ransom) for humanity.

(Joel 2:32) And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

(Romans 10:13) for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

(Hebrews 10:10) And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The lyrics of the song "Yogevet" provide a clearer understanding:

"Your true Master of life, your true parent is God, and your life is entrusted to Him."

"Your true Master of life, the Lord who leads you, and your life is offered in His hands!"

"He will save you, lead you, use you, and guide you!"

5. Conclusion / Let us not be foolish. Do not (trust in oneself)! The shepherd of the foolish becomes 'death,' and the ultimate fate of their guidance is 'Sheol.' Let us not be foolish. Do not become like an 'unaware' beast and reach destruction!

Psalm 49 is the last psalm introduced in the second book of Psalms. The descendants of Korah seem to be recalling the life and property of Korah, buried in the ground due to Korah's foolishness in wanting to rely on himself and his dissatisfaction with working in the sanctuary. Like a beast, Korah and his property decayed!

I wonder why. Korah, who wanted to rebel because he thought that just working in the sanctuary was not enough, wanted to do the role of a 'priest'... Jealousy looking at the sons of Aaron, who were doing the role of a priest... Bitterness that eventually led to rebellion against Moses and Aaron, even God.

The confession of the descendants of Korah, who rebelled because they wanted to do the role of a 'priest,' touches the heart. Their final confession is heartbreaking.

(Psalm 84:10) "Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked."

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere!" "I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God!"

(Psalm 84:11) "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."

So in their last confession today, they declare that they will no longer follow the path of the foolish, the path of 'trusting oneself.' "O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you!" They understood that trusting in the Lord brings blessings!

Thus, as the psalmist defines the foolish as the one who 'trusts oneself,' the descendants of Korah confess that they will become those who 'trust only the Lord.' Such a person is declared to be blessed.

In any case, they will 'stay in the sanctuary' and 'praise only the God in the sanctuary' and decide to live like that.

(David's confession comes to mind again. "I will live in the house of the LORD forever!")

(Psalm 23:6) "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

Again, it is emphasized. Let us not be foolish. Do not trust oneself. Do not rely on wealth or boast of riches. Especially, do not become humble because of money! Only trust in God! Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord!

(Psalm 84:12) "O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you!"

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 열방교회 온라인 헌금 안내 정안젤라 2020.03.07 592
289 4월 21일 주일설교(열왕기상 8:30-41, 9:1-9) - 성전으로 사는 인생, 예수로 사는 인생 file 전우철 2024.04.20 19
288 4월 14일 주일설교(왕상 6:1-13) - '예수의 흔적, 교회' file 전우철 2024.04.14 8
287 4월 7일 정민영목사 주일설교(삼상 2:1-10) - 한나를 롤모델로 삼자 전우철 2024.04.09 9
286 4월 7일 주일설교(열왕기상 2:26-35) - 저항할 수 없는 은혜, 타협없는 공의, 그리고 반드시 이루어지는 말씀 file 전우철 2024.04.04 39
285 3월 31일(누가복음 24:1-12) -‘부활: 다시 일어서게 하는 은혜’ ‘The God of the second chance’ file 전우철 2024.03.30 14
284 3월 31일 주일설교(누가복음 24:1-12) 1부예배 설교묵상 - '무덤덤한 무덤, (맘을 움직이는) 말다운 말! file 전우철 2024.03.29 12
283 3월 24일 주일설교(시편 61:1-8)- '나보다 높은 바위에 나를 인도하소서' file 전우철 2024.03.25 8
282 3월 17일 주일설교(시편 55:1-23) 말씀묵상 - TREACHERY, TRUST, TRESPASS file 전우철 2024.03.15 22
» 20240310 Let's not become miserable because of money! 정안젤라 2024.03.09 16
280 3월 10일 주일설교 말씀묵상(시편 49:13-20) - '돈 때문에 초라해지지 말자!' file 전우철 2024.03.09 47
279 20240303 God of Jacob, we have heard a lot of words! 정안젤라 2024.03.02 12
278 3월 3일 주일설교(시편 44편) 설교노트/설교원고/말씀묵상 - '야곱의 하나님, 말씀 많이 들었습니다!' 전우철 2024.03.02 42
277 20240225 We will keep our faith alive! 정안젤라 2024.02.24 8
276 2월 25일 주일설교(요엘 2:18-32) 설교노트/설교원고/말씀묵상 - '‘우리는 우리의 믿음을 살아있게 할 것입니다!’ 전우철 2024.02.23 37
275 20240218 Let's not live our lives in such a wavering and hesitant manner! 정안젤라 2024.02.17 14
274 2월 18일 주일 '말씀묵상/설교노트/설교원고' (막 15:1-15) - '인생 너무 아둥바둥거리고 살지 맙시다!' 전우철 2024.02.17 21
273 2월 11일 주일설교(마가복음 14:1-11) - '예배, 인생의 터닝포인트!' (설교노트/설교원고/말씀묵상/영어번역본) 전우철 2024.02.09 56
272 2월 4일 주일설교(막 12:1-12) 말씀묵상, 설교원고 - '본분(本分)’ file 전우철 2024.02.02 49
271 1/28 주일설교(막 10:17-31) '설교묵상' '설교노트' '설교원고' '영어설교' - ‘인생의 주어를 바꾸십다!’ [1] file 전우철 2024.01.26 66
270 1월 21일 주일예배 설교원고/영어번역/PPT (마가복음 8:1-10) - 아웃사이더를 불쌍히 여기시는 예수 Jesus, I come to Thee! file 전우철 2024.01.19 74
위로