메뉴 건너뛰기

중고등부 Youth

20231119 The Fear of the Lord

정안젤라 2023.11.17 16:24 조회 수 : 36

19:23 여호와를 경외하는 것은 사람으로 생명에 이르게 하는 것이라 경외하는 자는 족하게 지내고 재앙을 당하지 아니하느니라

Proverbs 19:23 NIV

The fear of the LORD leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

11월에 우리는 잠언 말씀을 묵상하고 있습니다. 잠언 17~19장을 보면 참 부끄럽습니다. 때로는 게으르고, 때로는 교만하고, 남의 말을 다 듣기도 전에 대답하고, 풍요로운 물질을 부러워하기도 합니다. 죽고 사는 것이 혀의 힘에 달렸다는 말씀도 있습니다. 나의 십대를 돌아보면 부모님께 못된 말을 많이 했습니다. "내가 다 알아서 하니까 신경쓰지 마세요" "엄마 쫌!" "난 상관 안해요" 조금 더 어렸을 때를 기억해보면 이런 말을 했던게 생각납니다. "엄마는 왜 맨날 동생만 예뻐해요?" "공평하지가 않아요" 그렇다면 잠언이 윤리교과서와 다른 점은 무엇일까요?

우리는 언젠가는 이 세상과 이별을 하게 됩니다. 그것은 하나님의 섭리입니다. 그 때가 되었을 때 하나님의 나라 천국에 들어갈 수 있다는 확신이 있는지요? 공의로운 하나님의 나라는 아주 작은 죄도 허락하지 않습니다. 그러나 죄가 하나도 없으신 하나님이 우리를 너무나 사랑하셔서 인간의 몸을 입고 이 세상에 내려오셨고, 우리의 죄를 대신 지고 돌아가셨습니다. 우리는 이 선물을 믿음으로 받습니다. 돈으로 살 수 있는 것도 아니고 선한 행위로 천국 가는 것도 아닙니다.

오늘 말씀에서 여호와를 경외하는 것은 사람으로 생명에 이르게 한다고 했습니다. 예수그리스도를 믿지 않고 여호와를 경외할 수는 없습니다. 우리는 그리스도를 통해 죄의 문제를 해결 받았기 때문에 영원한 생명을 갖게 되었습니다. 여호와를 경외하는 사람은 하나님의 공의로우심을 두려워하면서 하나님을 사랑합니다. 하나님을 경외하는 사람은 하나님이 선하게 보시는 것을 위해 노력해야 합니다. 하나님의 최대의 관심사는 영혼구원입니다. 하나님은 우리의 연약함을 아시고 도우시는 영인 성령을 보내주셨습니다. 

여호와를 경외한다는 것을 우리의 일상에서 어떻게 실천할 수 있을까요? 하나님을 최우선순위에 두고, 하나님의 최대 관심사인 영혼구원 사역을 위해 함께 동참해야 합니다. 친구와 게임을 하고 싶어도 주일이 되면 예배 드리러 교회에 오는 것, 재미있는 TV 프로그램을 계속 보고 싶어도 시간을 내어 말씀을 읽는 것, 교회에 와서 핸드폰을 보고 싶어도 참고 예배에 집중하는 것 모두 하나님을 더 우선 순위에 두는 것입니다. 

영혼구원 사역은 어떻게 할 수 있을까요? 우리의 일상에서 성령의 열매를 맺으며 살면 이웃이 우리의 삶을 보고 복음을 궁금해 할 것입니다. 성령의 아홉가지 열매는 사랑, 희락, 화평, 오래참음, 자비, 양선, 충성, 온유, 절제입니다. 나의 삶을 보고 예수그리스도에 대한 궁금증이 생겼을 때 복음을 전할 수 있는 좋은 시간입니다. 그런데 복음을 전해야 할 타이밍에 무슨 말을 해야 할지 모른다면 정말 안타까울 것입니다. 뭘 알아야 전할 수 있으니까요. '내가 예수그리스도를 믿음으로 영원한 생명을 선물로 받은 것'은 시작입니다. 아기가 태어나면 우유를 먹고 이유식을 하고 일반 식사를 해야 무럭무럭 자라납니다. 태어난지 10년이 지났는데 응애응애 울고 있으면 그 아이를 보는 엄마의 마음은 걱정스러울 것입니다. 예수님은 부활 후 하늘로 올라가시면서 우리에게 성령님까지 보내주셨습니다. 성령은 우리 마음 안에서 역사하십니다. 그런데 우리를 도와 주려고 해도 우리가 말씀을 읽지 않고 기도하지 않으면 도울 수가 없습니다. 복음을 전해야 할 때 제대로 전하기 위해서는 말씀을 읽어야 합니다. 여러분이 말씀을 읽기가 힘들면 엄마께 읽어달라고 부탁하세요. 여러분들의 어머니는 여러분에게 말씀을 읽어주니 좋고, 엄마도 그 기회에 말씀을 읽을 수 있어서 좋을 것입니다. 성령의 도움으로 말씀이 우리 안에서 일하시고, 우리는 예수그리스도 한 분 만으로 만족하는 삶을 살게 될 것입니다. 

어린이와 청소년 여러분들은 언제 만족감을 느끼나요? 우리의 두 눈은 하나님의 눈과는 조금 달라서 겉모습을 보고 판단을 할 때가 많습니다. 우리의 눈은 조금 더 잘생기고, 조금 더 예쁘고, 조금 더 날씬하고, 조금 더 큰 사람들을 보기에 좋다고 착각합니다. 그러나 하나님이 보시기에 좋은 것이 정말 좋은 것입니다. 이 세상 천지를 창조하시기를 마친 하나님께서 보시고 "심히 좋았다"고 표현하셨습니다. 여러분은 이미 하나님의 걸작품입니다. 하나님이 가치를 두는 곳에 우리도 함께 가치를 두는 그런 눈을 갖기를 축복합니다. 하나님을 경외하는 사람은 예수그리스도를 믿음으로 생명을 얻었고, 예수그리스도 한분만으로 만족할 수 있습니다. 

오늘의 말씀을 다시한번 읽어보겠습니다. "여호와를 경외하는 것은 사람으로 생명에 이르게 하는 것이라 경외하는 자는 족하게 지내고 재앙을 당하지 아니하느니라" 

In November, we are meditating on the Book of Proverbs. It is truly embarrassing when I read Proverbs 18-19. Sometimes we are lazy, sometimes arrogant, responding before hearing others out, and even envying others' material prosperity. It is also said that life and death are in the power of the tongue. Reflecting on my teenage years, I realize I said many hurtful things to my parents, like, "I know what I'm doing, so don't worry about it." "Leave me alone!" "I don't care." Looking back to when I was a bit younger, I remember saying something like, "Mom, why do you  always favor my younger brother? It's not fair." What then are the differences between Proverbs and an ethics textbook?

Ultimately, we will depart from this world.; it is God's providence. When that time comes, are you confident that you can enter the kingdom of God, heaven? The righteous kingdom of God does not permit even the smallest sin. However, God, who is completely without sin, loved us so much that He took on human form, descended to this world, and bore our sins on our behalf. We receive this gift of eternal life through faith. It is not something that can be bought with money, nor is it achieved by good behavior to enter heaven.
In today's scripture, it was mentioned that fearing the Lord leads to life. Without believing in Jesus Christ, it is impossible to fear the Lord. Through Christ, we have found a resolution to the issue of sin, and as a result, we have gained eternal life. Those who fear the Lord fear God's righteousness and, at the same time, love God. A person who fears God should make efforts to live in a way that pleases Him. God's primary concern is the salvation of souls. Recognizing our weakness, God has sent His helping Spirit, the Holy Spirit to assist us.

How can we practice the fear of the Lord in our daily lives?  They prioritize God above all else and must actively participate together in the ministry of soul salvation, which is God's primary concern. Choosing to attend church for worship on Sundays even if you want to play games with friends, taking time to read the Scriptures even when you're tempted to continue watching entertaining TV programs, and concentrating on worship at church instead of checking your phone – all of these are ways of prioritizing God above other desires. 

How can we engage in the ministry of soul salvation? Living our daily lives bearing the fruit of the Spirit--love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control --will make our neighbors curious about the gospel as they observe our lives. It's a great opportunity to share the gospel when others see my life and become curious about Jesus Christ. However, if you come across a great opportunity to share the gospel but don't know what to say, it would be truly regrettable. You can only convey what you know. Receiving eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ is just beginning. Just as a baby needs to drink milk, transition to baby food, and eventually have regular meals to grow steadily, knowing what to convey is crucial for growth. Ten years after birth, if a child is still crying lying in bed, the mother's heart seeing the child would be filled with worry.  After the resurrection, Jesus ascended to heaven and sent the Holy Spirit to us. The Holy Spirit works within our hearts. However, even if He tries to help us, He cannot assist us if we do not read the Scriptures and pray. To effectively share the gospel when the opportunity arises, it is essential to read the Scriptures. If it's challenging for you to read the Scriptures, please ask your mom to read them for you. It's good for your mom to read the Word to you, and it can also be a valuable opportunity for her to engage with the Scriptures. With the help of the Holy Spirit, the Word works within us, and we will find satisfaction in living a life centered on Jesus Christ alone.

Children and teenagers, when do you feel satisfaction? Our two eyes are a bit different from God's eyes, and often we judge based on appearances. Our eyes mistakenly think that things are better when they are a bit more handsome, a bit prettier, a bit slimmer, or a bit taller. However, what is truly good in the eyes of God is indeed good. After completing the creation of the heavens and the earth, God looked upon it and expressed, "It was very good." You are already a masterpiece of God. May we be blessed with eyes that value what God values. Those who fear God have obtained life through faith in Jesus Christ and can find satisfaction in Jesus Christ alone. 

Let us read today's scripture once again. "The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble."

위로